1. For anyone who doesn’t know the band yet, what is the #1 thing that people should know about you? "For people that don’t know us I think the one thing they should know is that we work hard and this isn’t just a hobby for us, it’s a dream, we’re all really young and underclassmen in High School and we never let our age limit us in our musical endeavors."
2. If you had to describe your music in one sentence, what would it be? "I would say that our music very diverse and to fit it into one specific category would be pretty tough since, but if we had to I think we’d say our music is very distinct and un-predictable, nobody can predict the direction we’ll go in next because not one of our songs really sound alike. I don’t really think any of us know what direction our next song will go in. If we had to we would say we are a good mix of post-hardcore with a side djent, we would really categorize ourselves with Vans Warped Tour Bands."
3.What is the inspiration behind the band name? "The inspiration behind our band name comes from a local Houston act who titled their EP ‘Tracks In Motion” we were really intrigued by the name and when it came down to it, we liked it because the name didn’t really put us into a specific genre, it’s a very open name. What we mean by that is when you give yourself a name that is very grungy or something of that sort it really defines the path you are going to take musically. With our name nobody could say “oh Tracks In Motion that’s such a metal name they are only going to play heavy metal”. Where as in reality we don’t want our name to define our band ,we want that room to expand and grow musically, without having to worry about our name."
4. If you could create your dream tour lineup, who would you want to go on tour with? "Our dream line-up is fairly easy one for us to think about since we all really love the same kind of music. We would love to tour with Of Mice & Men, Attila, Fall Out Boy, Bring Me The Horizon, Miss May I, A Day To Remember, Periphery and to throw a wild card in the line-up we’d love to play with The Story So Far."
5. What is your favorite song you ever released and why? "Well we only have a single out so far titled “Infinity” but this summer is going to be big for us, because we are releasing our debut EP!! Our debut EP is titled “Release The Kraken”. We are so excited to put this out, we are in the studio working really hard with an amazing producer, Stephen Bogle Music, and the EP is going to sound great! So to answer the question, our favorite song that is going to be released is really hard for us to answer when we read the question out loud, everyone said a different song, which just kind of gives you the idea of how passionate we are about music. There is not one song that we are overly excited about to release that we feel is our best song. We are super excited to put out ALL of our songs because they are all so fun to play live and they all get the crowd moving!"
6. Who or what are your biggest musical influences? "Our biggest influences are most definitely our parents for supporting us in all of our musical endeavors and life journeys. Musically our influences differ greatly, from John Mayer to A Day To Remember to Periphery. We are constantly being influenced by everything around us. Sometimes we’ll just be sitting down playing on a piano and we’ll come up with something funny that we joke about and we do on guitar in practice that actually ends up really cool that we end up using in our songs. I don’t think you could ever really categorize our influences without us giving you a million things, haha, we love all kinds of music and we absorb what we hear and adapt it to help our songwriting."
6. What is one thing that fans might not know about you? "A major thing that some fans don’t know about us is that we are all sophomores in High School. We are really young and just reaching for our dreams. We are also releasing our EP this summer, so if you haven’t liked us on FaceBook (www.facebook.com/tracksinmotion) or followed us on Twitter: @TracksInMotion and seen us post about our EP you must be living under a rock, haha. We really want people to see what we are about with this EP it’s going to sound HUGE, the production is really top notch. We want to let our fans know that we are very confident in our music and it’s all because the kind words we get from people all over the word telling us how much they enjoy our music. It’s really inspirational, and we want them to know that we love the kind words and fan mail we receive. :)"
7. What are your upcoming plans and what can fans expect from you in the near future? "Upcoming Plans in the future consist of our show at Fitzgerald’s June 9th !! We really want to have a big turn out and have a good time, so come party with us June 9th at Fitzgerald’s Houston. We plan to keep making music and playing live and be sure to pick up our EP “Release The Kraken” this summer! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for supporting us! You can get tickets to our show and pre-order our EP here: www.tracksinmotion.bigcartel.com "